Collecting Personal Information and its use:
1. In the course of your use of www.istrotech.com, you provide us with certain information, as mentioned below (collectively referred to as the “Personal Information”), which we may collect, store and use for providing the services and performing our contractual obligations, other than allowing us to better understand the website users and improve the layout and functionality of www.istrotech.com;
- Information about your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, billing and credit/debit card information, order history, feedback, about your visits to and use of www.istrotech.com (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation etc.)
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to www.istrotech.com, including information relating to any purchases you make of our Products or Services.
- Information that you provide to us for registering with us as a Registered User (including your Account details).
- Information that you provide to us for subscribing to www.istrotech.com Services, e-mail notifications, and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us; and feedback including Product/Service reviews.
2. We may use the Personal Information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To register you with www.istrotech.com and to administer and provide our Services, as mentioned on www.istrotech.com.
- To fulfill our agreement of providing Services to you, including those relating to your purchase of Products and their processing and obtaining payment;
- To analyze and profile your shopping preferences (market, customer and product analysis etc.) to enable us to review, develop and improve the Products and Services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programs. We may use your Personal Information to make decisions about your using computerized technology, for example automatically selecting Products and Services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such Products and Services including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on (including products and services of other companies and organizations) by e-mail, telephone (including automated calls),SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging, post, fax or otherwise.
- When you provide us with your information, you will be given the option to mention if you do not wish to receive information of such products and services from either us or carefully chosen third parties; and to administer any prize draws or competitions you may wish to enter.
3. When you purchase from us (www.istrotech.com), we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
4. We may supplement the Personal Information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties (e.g., credit reference agencies).
5. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may share all or any of the Personal Information that we obtain (for confirming identity and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your Account etc.), with other Group companies/subsidiaries/affiliates of ISTROTECH, other third parties, companies, retailers and to financial and other organizations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
6. While we will make every effort to safeguard and keep confidential the information provided to us, we might share your Personal Information with other Group companies/subsidiaries/affiliates of ISTROTECH and other third parties, companies, retailers and organizations whose services or Products we provide to you through www.istrotech.com, for the following reasons:
- To other companies and organizations to administer any prize draws or competitions.
- To our agents, staff and approved third parties to provide services for us
- To anyone to whom we assign or transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law compels us to do so either in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
8. If ISTROTECH is sold to a third party otherwise becomes subject of a merger, consolidation or acquisition, it would become necessary for us to transfer your Personal Information to a third party, and in such case ISTROTECH would require that the third party handles your Personal Information with no less care than taken by us.
- If you leave a comment on our site (www.istrotech.com) you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
10. We take all steps reasonably necessary to protect against unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. Any information that we collect and store that is personally identifiable is protected using appropriate means, and ISTROTECH is not responsible for any unauthorized access or use by third parties, unless such access is enabled because of our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
11. Protecting your Personal Information is very important to us. Therefore, we take the following precautions, among others, to better protect the Personal Information;
- We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information including the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software.
- We store all the Personal Information you provide to us on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- We accept “Cards” payments through Accept Company Sponsored by Arab African International Bank – Egypt (AAIB). When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Accept Company and Arab African International Bank of Egypt (AAIB), including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
- All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us or encrypted using SSL technology.
12. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your Account and password and to your computer. You must ensure that you log out/ sign-off from your Account, when you are exiting www.istrotech.com
13. It is possible that two weeks after receiving your Product, we may send you an e-mail inviting you to review and rate the Products that you have purchased. In addition, sometimes we may also ask you if you would like to answer questions related to your Product, as submitted by other customers.
You may note that:
- Your review may be shared on other ISTROTECH Group company/subsidiary/affiliate websites.
- Once submitted, it usually takes 48 hours for your review, question or answer to appear on www.istrotech.com provided it is in line with our publishing guidelines
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- If you have an account on this site (www.istrotech.com), or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us Printed or by E-mail. Please write your application manually with a copy of your passport with a recent utility bill, indicating the same address, such as your passport, send your request to [email protected], and write the address (request for a personal data file), request fees is 100.00 Egyptian Pound (Only One Hundred Egyptian Pounds).
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- When visitors leave comments on the site (www.istrotech.com) we collect the data shown in the comments, product review form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- All comments (reviews) checked through an automated spam detection service.
- It is not possible for you to edit/remove your review after submission.
- If you require any further information on this service or wish to have your review removed, you can contact us.
Embedded content from other websites
14. Articles/Products on this site (www.istrotech.com) may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
16. In order to better understand our customers and we can efficiently and effectively improve the product/s, we actively track activities around the product, including page views and clicks.
17.For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username)
18. You may instruct us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes by e-mail at any time. If you are concerned that any of the Personal Information that we hold is inaccurate, you may Contact Us.
19. Our Website may contain links to other websites. ISTROTECH is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites not operated by ISTROTECH. We encourage users to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personal Information.
20. You may receive emails from ISTROTECH based on your subscription request. If you wish at any time to unsubscribe, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication.